IK Multimedia iRig Pre 2 Ultracompact XLR Microphone Interface
Make your go-to mic go farther
Like many of today’s musicians, YouTubers and broadcasters, you probably rely on the professional sound quality you get from using an XLR microphone. But for mobile, on-the-go audio and video creation, XLR mics present some challenges. Many require phantom power, and at best, using them also means dragging along a laptop and boxy audio interface to get the mic preamps along with the phantom power you need.
iRig Pre 2 is a pocket-sized mic preamp that lets you easily use your XLR mics to record, perform and stream with your iPhone*, iPad, Android device or DSLR camera. The sequel to the best-selling mobile mic pre of all time, iRig Pre 2 delivers the same professional sound you’re accustomed to, while adding direct monitoring, auto-switching wiring for use with digital cameras, and so much more.
- High-fidelity mic preamp with true +48V phantom power
- Compact, soft-touch enclosure fits easily in any bag or pocket
- Works seamlessly with DSLR cameras to achieve better sound
- Improved functionality with headphone out and volume control
- Onboard direct monitoring for more precise audio capture
- Economic power supply using two standard AA batteries
- For iPhone, iPad, Android and digital cameras
- Built-in XLR connector for microphones
- Adjustable gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Headphone output with direct monitoring
- Attached 40cm (15.75") TRRS cable
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output
- Powered by 2xAA batteries
- On/Off switch
- Compatible with all your favorite apps
- EIN (@gain min): -113.5 dBA
- EIN (@ gain max): -92.4dBA
- THD+N: -90 dBA / 0,003%
- Gain range: 48dB
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 2xAA): approx 20 hours when phantom is off, approx 7 hours when phantom is on
- iRig Pre 2
- 2xAA batteries
- Velcro strip
- Free apps for iOS and Android
- Size: 40mm/1.57" x 110mm/4.33" x 34mm/1.34"
- Weight: 75g/2.65oz (batteries excluded)
- Cables length: 40cm/15.75"
- iOS and Android Devices
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices with 1/8" / 3.5mm jack standard headset input (onboard or via adaptor) compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows.
DSLR Cameras: Compatible with most DSLR cameras equipped with 1/8" / 3.5mm jack microphone input.
David Fraser, Google CET reviews
This is a fantastic place better than Amazon for prices, service and a shoulder l should support for tech, audio and av solutions.
Shamillia Rock, Google CET Reviews
Friendly and accommodating staff. Great products. They offer discounts to churches (there’s a minimum purchase value). Really does cater to all your audiovisual needs. I’ll surely shop there again.
Mark Buckmire, Google CET Reviews
Quality items at affordable prices with knowledgeable and helpful staff. If what you are looking for is available here it doesn't make sense importing through a freight forwarder.
Raees Rahim, Facebook CET Reviews
I've bought from them in the past on a few occasions and it's always been a good experience. I recently made a purchase and happened to have a manufacturer issue. CET immediately replaced the item with the least inconvenience to myself. When buying these types of equipment, it really is best to use a local and reliable supplier and CET is hands down my choice.Plus the staff are always helpful and respectable. Good job folks.